Thursday, March 29, 2012

Tomorrow is my Birthday!

So, I have been contemplating my 38th birthday. Yes, I am turning 38 tomorrow. Am I doing what I'd imagined I would be at 38? Absolutely NOT! We all have dreams when we're children that we'll have a mansion, a great job being a famous fashion designer, a loving and supportive husband who is a world famous rock star who tours the world, and 2 or 3 kids, who are perfect. And then we grow up!
I have a beautiful house that I live in with my parents and my four children, who are no where near perfect! I am still working toward my life goal, but it's not to be a fashion designer. And, I have been through a divorce and am looking for that loving, supportive husband. I could care less about the "rock star" part. So, I am turning 38. I have new dreams and goals now. I think they are a little more realistic. They still take a LOT of work on my part. I want to share them so I can be held accountable to them. I have them written on card stock hanging above my desk. I have to look at them every day!
Here goes:
1. Finish school. All the way to PhD.   PhD = Professor at a University
2. Professional photographer. I want to travel and do humanitarian photography work for UMCOR.
3. Successful blog. One that is sponsored and followed by many. I want to use it to help other women find their voice and accomplish their goals.
4. Christian Women Art Retreats. I want to host at least two retreats a year helping women feel the love of God and be able to express that love through their creativity.
5. A Husband. Someone that supports everything I do, encourages me to grow, loves me and my kids unconditionally, is my partner in everything, makes me laugh, and has great conversations with me.
6. Travel. I want to see the world. ALL of IT!

So, a long list but one I think I can handle. I know it will change some as the years go by, but I am going to work HARD to make most of it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment